- Class: Gold
- Rating: 98%
- Votes: 11
- Plays: 40
- Favorited By: 2
- Game: Super Mario Flash 2
- Difficulty: Hard
- Published: 11/20/18 at 5:38 PM
I worked over 1 month on this level and i tore myself mentally apart trying to beat this in one go, but that doesn't matter.
Video (yes, i recorded it.)
Note these things while playing:
1. arrows pointing down imply a trustfall: you gotta land on your raft, which is always centered and 6 blocks wide, keep this in mind at all times. Arrows pointing down at an item signify you'll be needing it.
2. coin trails are indicators where to go, they are mainly important for leaps of faith: follow the coin trail to land on an object that is not your raft, these objects can also be falling platforms so react quick at all times, coins combined with arrows down imply that obstacles may obscure your raft and you need to follow the trail to land ontop of it.
3. arrows pointing to the right imply you gotta go quick, quantity increases the urgency.
4. you do not get any checkpoints after the first one (which is at the very start of the official level) i did this with the reason that the music lasts till the exact end of the level, this might make the level extremely stressing and difficult to beat, but i put in some warps though if you really feel the need to cheat.
5. the powerups you're granted are to prevent any cheap/flash freeze deaths
6. lava zones are indicated by pillars, these are for a big part 0 forgiveness platforming sections with high difficulty.
7. you are given a lot of moments for a short break, use these to take a very quick breather as the length may cause stress.
8. if you get to 0 lives, please stop playing, this level isn't anything for you. if you get 99 lives, go get a break, this level already took it's toll on me testing it. (this is why i put in so many 1-ups)
Fact: the raft is coated in the same skin of dolphins which is extremely lava resistant somehow, mario isn't intelligent enough to wear it himself though.
if you were wondering what music i used: Runescape3 ~ Lava Falls and Bloodbath
This level is a grandmaster challenge, it's not kaizo but it won't be easy.
Enjoy! or not.
Stuck? welcome to the cheat zone!
1. music may help at times, especially at the first lava zone at the start
2. dolphins/podobo's on their own are free challenges, the raft offers you a safespot for all of these
3. if you fail to time the jump with the shell at the end, you can still get through the spikes using 2 mushrooms (press z, jump on the spikes, pick up the mushroom, jump out.)
4. stress gives you a fake sense of difficulty, everything is much easier if you don't worry about it.
5. checking the editor may help a lot of you really can't get through things
- Contributors: Special thanks to Dukeonkled for some first look feedback.
No actions to display.